Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas.

Christmas morning and all is well. Blue jays, songbirds and chipmunks gather around the elm tree for breakfast as I sip on a cup of coffee. A new pair of slippers keep my feet warm despite the cool breeze that blows this morning. Last night the moon shown bright through the bare limbs of the elm, its many twists and turns making a wonderful silhouette. It gave me cause to wonder at the beauty of God's creation even in the dead of winter.



A few small presents sit around our equally small tree as we await the arrival of family members. Later we gathered at my mother in law's home for dinner. My mom baked huge amounts of cookies as usual and an awesome cake for desert. My wife's oldest brother and sister made most of the meal. Everyone ate their fill followed by the obligatory nap.

It is late as I finish this note of the day as my wife has been playing a new game our son installed for us today. About time that she hog the computer for a while, I spend quite a bit of time here myself. The thought of a nice wood fire in my shop is calling to me. My hand is healed well enough to try my wood lathe again. The small wooden boxes I turn from a variety of woods has been delayed too long this year. Off to the shop I go.

Rescue Dog

No comments: