Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Eve note

Once again it is Christmas Eve. Just now I have finished decorating the tree. My wife and I sit back to relax, me to write and her to watch TV. Our Christmas is a humble one this year again. We don't get too exited about gift giving as money is tight. Just as well though because that is not the reason for the season.

This evening we will attend a special service at our church. The people there are my most treasured gift of all. Hearts and minds as one to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. With the passing of years this yearly celebration has a new meaning for me and my family.

Our family gathering is much smaller this year with the passing of my dad and my stepson's dad also. We have become a much closer family as a result and I am pleased to see the wonderful changes in my stepson. The things our dads taught us remain intact as we press on toward the future with the Lord as our guide.

It has rained for the last two days and today the sun has come out to play. A large elm tree graces our back yard and serves as a feeding ground for our feathered and furry friends. Songbirds and chipmunks arrive each morning to enjoy the feast and provide us with entertainment in return. Our cat Gismo sits and watches, sometime only a few feet away. In his younger days this would have been his feeding ground but he is much to slow for that now.

Merry Christmas everyone. May your blessings be many and troubles be few.

Rescue Dog.

1 comment:

drc said...

Merry Christmas, Mark. Thanks for being the last-minute photographer.